Ethically made by artisan partners in India, Armadillo & Co products are 100% handmade, using Fair Trade practices with natural and sustainable fibers. Your purchase supports the community of artisans who hand make all of their products, including their Armadillo & Co Foundation that funds a school for many children of rug artisans.
Handmade from recycled PET, a polyester fibre made from recycled plastic bottles, PET fibre is extremely durable and feels surprisingly soft underfoot. Although the rugs look and feel like wool, they have exceptional durability and stain resistance; cleaning is just a quick hose down.
- 100% Recycled PET
- ~0.40" pile height
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about custom sizing
- Hose rug off for cleaning. If rug is exposed to chlorinated or salt water use plenty of fresh water to rinse.
- Ensure rug is completely dry before placing furniture. These rugs are not machine-washable. Do not dry clean or use harsh chemicals that could damage of fade your rug.
- If the corner of your rug curls up, lightly spray both surfaces of the curled area with water, then roll it back on itself in the opposite direction and leave it for 10 minutes. Flatten it out and put a heavy weight on it for a few hours.
- If rug remains in an uncovered area outdoors and is subject to rain or heavy dew, it should be allowed to dry front and back. Dampness can cause some fiber breakdown over time.
- Vacuum your rug regularly to prevent build up of dirt and pollen, if left on the rug this can encourage mould growth.
- For extended periods of non-use, keep the rolled, dry rug in a covered, shaded area to protect against unnecessary fading.